Monday 2 December 2013

How to make people like you instantly



The Carnegie Institute of Technology analyzed the records of 10,000 persons, and arrived at the conclusion that 15 percent of success is due to technical training and brains and skill on the job, and 85 percent of success is due to personality factors, the ability to deal with people successfully!



Over the years I have seen that people who are very private often do not have much friends perhaps what they have is casual friends. We all want to have friends who would help us in our time of need. When we ask them favors we don’t want them to say no. However, we can’t always have everybody as close friends but we need to put them in a condition where they would always like us and with such liking we can get support whenever we are in need of it. Even if we won't get anything from them it feels good that somebody likes you.


One way to stop people from saying no to you is letting them like you. It would amaze you that most people don’t even think about these things but it is important. When people like you, it is easier for them to help you. Every day, we are selling ourselves and it would be in our own interest to sell ourselves better so that people buy us.

If you want people to like you praise them and make them feel special. Enough of the criticism, look at that one quality the person has and tell them they are special. People are been put down by others every day. It is not cheap commodity anymore for people to have some true appreciation. Hence, if people find out that you treat them with genuine admiration they would like you instantly.

When you treat somebody with respect you don’t put yourself down but you go up. They will begin to treat you the same way; likes begets like.

This how to do it, find something nice about them and tell them. It could be how they look be it their hair style, height or whatever they are doing. Endorse what they do and make sure it is genuine because if you are phony they would know it subconsciously.

The fact is that everybody has an inbuilt desire to be appreciated. I know this lady in my area who just passed by without noticing me, she made me feel like I didn’t exist. So I decided to make her like me by praising, ‘Obaa, you have a beautiful, if I had a hummer I would give it to you for free without strings attached!’. Now she said ‘bra Kofi, you are lying’ and she was laughing  and beaming with smiles at the same time. Maybe she had a hard day but did I put a little joy in her heart. She changed instantly towards me and from that day she always greets me. It was the same at school; the ladies that I praised liked me a lot. Their smiles were always guaranteed and when I asked for favor, I was never denied, it was easy for them to smile at me even when I said nothing.

Try it on that person who don’t want to open up so that you can ask him for that favor to connect you to that job; try it on that person who you like but doesn’t want to give you a chance. You would find one thing, they would all open up to you and a friendship would begin from there.

I wish you the best of success.

No comments: