Sunday 24 November 2013

Why you should persevere in a Recession





Starting or running a small business these days is not an easy task because there is a strong recession. I looked up the word recession and this is what I found; the state of the economy declines; a widespread decline in the GDP and employment and trade lasting from six months to a year, a small concavity, the act of ceding back.  This definition says it all. There is a dip in everything these days and the frustration is showing everywhere. The politicians have promised but are not able to do anything about the situation; they seem to be worsening things. When we want food to eat, they are shoving statistics down our throat, as in George Orwell’s book, the animal farm. We don’t eat statistics.  

This situation suggests that you can’t quit your business or quit on your ideas because things are getting tough every day. You have to continue with the good work. The negative situations are getting into people, for instance, it is disorganizing people; because of the difficulty people are losing faith in themselves and are doing things anyhow. Their enthusiasm has dipped with their with the recession! Others who want to start too have changed their minds because they have seen so many struggles around them.

But when you can’t find a job for yourself, you don’t have to sit down without doing something. You have to develop a thick skin and immediately, you have to toughen up! Fight on with everything you have got! Do everything but please don’t give up.

You are the future.
When I see our youth these days, I know they are the future. The great ones who are enjoying despite our situation would soon pass away and you are next. Let me tell you something, they were once like you and the truth of the matter is, if you don’t quit what you are doing, your business or venture would metamorphose to become something great in the future.

Of course, you might be hit by failure after failure and small successes. But think of it this way, when we were young we feared the friends who wouldn’t give up in a fight, because, you soon get tired while they are stubborn like a mule.

Put your best clothes on.
I have this attitude, when things are hard that is when I look my best. My dignity is all I have and when somebody takes it away from me then what do I have left?  So I look good and it affects my mental attitude.

Keep your centre.

Maintain a good mental attitude.
Difficulties can get to the point where taking care of yourself can be a problem but don’t let it touch your centre, your mind. If it succeeds in hitting your mind you would go down. Do anything that would make you keep a clear head.
Read this wonderful poem;

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul

Invictus By William Ernest Henley 1849–1903 William Ernest Henley

Be studious.
Read books and find solutions and learn how to design a better product. Evolve with the difficulty. This is a period of the best of the best; they are the ones that would be left after the flood has receded.

Be adventurous.
When you try something new and it doesn’t work, try again and change the product too. Sometimes you can change your business location and improve on your communication. Keep changing till your situation changes. Wrestle till you win. Success does not come cheap.

Be patient.
Hold on for a while. With my small years on earth, I have noticed that situations never stay the same. Things really change because change is the only constant thing in the world. Wait for your time, wait for your opportunity.

Be prayerful.
I always encourage that. When things are hard and you want to keep yourself together, spiritual exercise can help you keep your head out of the water. It prevents you from panic, because once you panic and run, the dog would run after you. Please hold your ground because in the end you will win.

The future champions are those who never give up, because when all is said and done, they would be rewarded for their perseverance.
Thanks for reading.


No comments: