Saturday 7 December 2013

How to be known and respected for something and be in great demand for it


There are talented people who are lost in the crowd; people don’t know what they do. We don’t know what they stand for so we can’t engage their services. They wish to be noticed but they don’t know how to go about it. They have to brand themselves and effectively.

My advice to such people is to package themselves properly. If you want a niche or place for yourself in our world, you have to actually buy a unique land in the minds of the people. You have to be noted for something.
1

The formula for branding yourself is this; first pick something that you want to be known for and do it for the world to see that you are good at it and do it for some time.  

What you pick should be something that is hot in the system and is in demand. Don’t forget that that vocation you are picking is something that you are going to use to offer services to people. It should also be something that you are expert in. It should have financial potential.

You have to demonstrate it for people to see how good you are. This will make them assess and accept that you are good. The best way to do this is offering your services for free for a short or long term. Offering your services for free will make it diffuse or spread to the world quickly; read my article on this topic. For instance, I help small businesses and my way to doing it is teaching people how to solve their business problems through my articles. I let people sample what I do; they taste a bit of it. Now I have succeeded in building a reputation and the demand is coming in, am receiving calls every day! As a preacher too, I have a blog that I write my sermons and post audios and videos and this is connecting me to serious men of God. My magazine (the people magazine) is coming out in a few weeks to support my preaching and this would herald my conferences and crusades in 20114. If you sing, why not do some master and distribute it on the internet or on CD’s for free just so they will know that this is what you do and see how good you are? If you’ve written a book select portions of it and let people read and be impressed.

Time is a very important factor here. You have to do what you have chosen to do for some time. When you do something for a long time people begin to identify you with it and you build a strong reputation. Don’t think that because you write one book people will call you an author. You have to write more.

2
Dos and Don’ts
Though you do many things, be identified with one or two at the most. For instance, I am a graphic designer, a teacher, writer, spare parts salesman, computer hardware technician, software tutor, website designer, a preacher and many more. At first I used to combine all these together but it only ended up confusing people. Now although I do all these with the exception of spare parts salesman, I have one as my major which I identify myself with; a consultant and preacher. One is a major, preacher.

Be relevant; what you identify yourself with should be what people need now.  It is what would bring the demand.

Differentiate yourself from the others. There are a lot of people who do what you do; stand out by showing your difference and that difference should be something that adds more.

Always let people sample your services at a reduced cost.  If you want to charge when you are not known, you will be known but you will not have customers.

Make your mark by impressing people with your services. The crux of the matter in branding is delivering on your promises. This will make people talk about you and it will spread, you will not have to pay them to do talking. This is a catalyst and the strongest point in being identified and sought after by the world.
To be continued.

Please share and like it for me.

Thanks for reading. 

No comments: