Friday 1 November 2013

The Comeback (Destiny Article)




"At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail’ Job 14:9

I went to a house to teach and I saw a big mango three, it supplied air to the house. I didn’t think they used fans in that house. The following week it was gone. They’d cut it down, I saw them burn the leaves and branches but the stump was left there. After some few days I went there  and I told the landlord that I like that mango three and they shouldn’t have cut it down, he bragged that it had grown too big and he feared it would fall on the house so he cut it, even so, it would sprout a gain. I didn’t believe him. Two weeks later I went to that house again and when I mentioned that matter of the tree he went straight to where the tree was and plucked some leaves to show me that it was sprouting. I was aghast.

One of the stories I liked to read about was Kathryn Kulhman. That woman of God who backslid and returned after 7years to become more than she was. When I read her story I saw that she was an ordinary human like me but her comeback was extraordinary. Her situation was similar to Sampson in the bible, after his eyes was plucked and he lived under captivity for many years, he was able to come back and scripture says ‘the people he killed that day was more than the people he had killed his entire life combined’.

As I sat thinking about these stories, I know there are lots of people out there with same story. They’ve gone down. It’s not always that it is sin, sometimes it is hard situations. I have thought about this for a long time and I have seen that one of the major things that prevent a comeback for your destiny is old age. When you hit 50 and above it is natural for you to give up when you’re are not into your destiny, some give up as early as 40. It is hard for adults at such age to even switch jobs, when we see them in the newspapers that they are even going to school we asked ourselves ‘what is he going to school for’.

The next thing that cuts a person down can be physical. People give up immediately when they have this physical problem, some resort to begging, only a few of them have performed wonders, like Helen Keller who was blind, deaf and dumb. Physical disablement puts great limitations especially on people psychologically which I think becomes more dangerous than the physical harm itself.

The other limitation I have noticed is hardship. When there is nobody to cater for you so that you can’t go to school anymore, you’d not be able to use your potential. You have been cut down like a tree. When you live from hand to mouth, you don’t have enough time to pursue other things even to go to church.

You can sprout like the tree in the story I have narrated. Trees have roots and if you cut them down, as long as you don’t remove them from the ground and they can feed, if you live the stump in the soil they’d always sprout again.

If you were in a big position once and today you are not there anymore, what you were doing at that time do same now. The fact that you are alive means you are now a stump and you have root. Just start feeding judiciously.

Miss Kulhman’s end was more powerful than her beginning. Sampson killed in one day more than he did all his life. If you can come back again, despite all those people who seem to have overtaken you, you’d surpass them. You have to put yourself together.

Coming back is easier said than done. The problem is you are entangled with so many situations. Its like your hands have been handcuffed to your back and you are been asked to fight. But you have to find a way out of that handcuff. Some people are in jobs that they’d have to stop before they can comeback. Others are in some relationships that they have to quit and it’s very painful because they’ve invested so much that they feel they can’t go on without such relationships.

Quit that job for one that allows you some freedom. Quit that relationship. Start praying again. Change your circle of friends. Start doing those things that gave you success and watch yourself rise up like never before.

If you see healing from the present, you can’t do it at once in certain situations. Nevertheless, take those remedial actions, fight towards the positive side. Sampson’s heard grew again. Stand up!
You can sprout again.

No comments: