Tuesday 21 January 2014

What it means to be on your own

Been on your own can be difficult because nobody forces
you to do anything; it is very easy to lazy out the day.

I write this article in relation to the work you do; being on your own and managing your own business. The business might not be an enterprise but a freelance here and there job that you offer.
Most people have taken this path because they like the independence that that goes with it, or they can find job or they see themselves as misfits.

This is a path that has its rewards in the long term. Most at times you are not going to rise up immediately just because you have decided to do your own work. This implies that you shall be working in the backgrounds for a long time; it has its own peculiar difficulties.


One of the most difficult things in being on your own is to stay motivated; people who live this kind of life are very skillful and talented. However, the difficulty comes with staying motivated. Your ability to stay motivated implies that you will be disciplined enough to keep doing the small things that will build your future. Living this kind of life means once you are feeling lazy, the days can slip by easily thereby leading to great wastage. Time is of the essence.

One of the few ways I have used to keep myself focused is to stay mentally alert. I do this by reading articles from various social media websites. I also attend programmes or conferences that lift my spirits. When am at these conferences I look at the hosts and watch them and then I am motivated. Seeing the great work they are doing makes me want to run home and work harder. Following great minds and reading their works and listening to their tapes have also helped me a lot.

When am on the downside, it means I have been out of conferences or not been reading. I need to always work on my mind because that is the door to my motivation which leads the threshold of my productivity.

You might say you work religiously so you don’t need any motivation, fine, but there is a difference between just going through the day and then really living the day. The latter implies that you are really putting things together, you are abreast with the latest trends in your business and you are making things happen. If you can’t stay motivated then don’t try to be on your own because you might end up wasting your life.

The importance of motivation is that it is able to drive you get the 120% productivity out of you. Everybody is great but our ability to dredge it is what will make the world see it.

Thanks for reading. 

No comments: