Friday 24 January 2014

Stop posing yourself as multi-purpose


An all-purpose people or products
are not as popular as a products
or persons designed for one job.
A single point becomes sharp as a pin.
I remember I wrote my advert and I specified my target and a friend told me that I was making a mistake because there are some people who will be outside those am targeting who will like to patronize my services. I got confused and removed it from the leaflet.
But I realized the negative effects of trying to please everybody,

It doesn't make you effective; the person you try to talk to might not need your product or service 85%. Talking to such a person might waste your time when you should be spending your time with somebody on the 90% demand. Furthermore, it attracts the wrong persons to you.

It can make you displease people; for instance, the person buys the product thinking it is for her because you didn't specify. She goes home and tries to use it and realizes it doesn't suit her. If you had specified the right people she wouldn't have made that mistake and maybe the right person would have noticed it.

It dilutes your efforts; trying to configure your product to suit every person implies that part of your product will be designed to satisfy another person and so one product has many colors, and ineffective product.


If you want to be very effective, target few people and make the product for them; even when you are preparing a speech know your target, this applies to everything you do. Please don’t be afraid to state boldly that this product belongs to this group of people, just imagine what might happen if doctors don’t specify the right persons for their medicines – havoc.  

To stay as sharp as a pin and to perceived as one, state boldly for you are for!

Please share, thanks for reading.

No comments: