Saturday 4 January 2014

3 things that killed my business


Like every business man I have had my share of failures. Three things killed my project and I want to let you know about them so that when you are starting anything, you will be aware that they are lurking in the dark waiting to spoil your success.


Money
When I started the website that I wanted to develop for the whole Ghana, I was very happy. I thought when the website was finished my success would be assured, but I was wrong. After completing the website I started doing my marketing. But I hit the money wall, I had several suggestions as to how to make it better as I tuned into the mind of the general public. The scarcity of funds halted my project.
If the project you are undertaking is a short term undertaking, it poses no problem, but if it is long term usually money issues set in to kill it.


Team
In working with this same website, I decided to do it alone since it’s a website. I was wrong because it was a business and I needed helping hands, but I didn’t see it that way. Even if I did felt the need for a partner, the money issue stopped me in my tracks.
I think my real issue in not bringing other stakeholders to help was because I had been a loner all my life and I brought the same attitude into business. In business I have learned we don’t do it alone and if you don’t like people don’t to be a business man.

Passion
My passion died when the business could not move fast as I wanted it. When the idea hit me it was very hot but in time the passion dried up and I lost interest. One of the things that dried the passion was the scarcity of money. Now I have money and I can go back to the business but the passion is not there anymore so it is a suspended project.

I have let you know about these three things that kicked my business to the floor, they are universal. Be watchful about them when you are undertaking new business, I guarantee that if you triumph over them your project is halfway through success.


Thanks for reading. 

No comments: