Tuesday 24 December 2013

That one person who will change your life and business forever

Don King promoted Tyson and other famous world boxers


As I begin to type this article there is one person on my mind. This is the person who will give me my next promotion to spread what am doing. This person is going to like my work and decide to help me by either introducing me to somebody or giving me another platform.

This is what it is like when you are doing something, maybe writing a book, making your music album, opening a food joint and the like. When you are engaged in a venture you need somebody to come to your aid, we all need somebody. That person will introduce you to somebody who will then give you the contract that you need or will support you by himself. People like that will tell you, ‘I have this auditorium I want you to use for free, or I have this place in America I want you to come and share with my business associates what you are doing, or I know a brother who can buy your products in bulk, or I want you to be the CEO of my company, or I want you to build these 10 houses for me!

Whatever you are doing you need a promoter or helper and such people exist!

You have to know that you are always been auditioned. People are looking at you and putting a value tag on what you are doing. And so, you will meet somebody who will like what you do and give you the opportunity that will turn your business around. This concept applies to any profession. We are like a river; we need an outlet in order to travel far.

Therefore, as you work on anything, even doing simple things like blogging as am doing now, give it your best. People ask me, ‘what do you gain by spending time writing articles?’ And I always tell them I know what am doing. People have discovered my depth of knowledge and I have had people contact me for several projects. And more people will come and this is an audition whether I realize it or not.

Therefore, always keep it at the back of your mind that one of these days some people will show up to lift your business to the next level. This means that you need to have them at the back of your mind and  work to prove a point that, should those people discover you some day, they will review your work and give you a favorable platform.

These people are not many, they could be one or two people and you might not know them from anywhere. You have to know that we create fans with whatever we do. It is not only musicians who have fans but carpenters do too. Why? Because as you work people fall in love with what you are doing. 

So when you work, don’t forget them because they may be watching you. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments: